Can you believe it? You're 100% booked!
Well, this is a nifty welcome page is here to help you.
It covers what comes next + the nitty-gritty details of how this process will go.
But first, I want to thank you for trusting me with your business. You've made an AWESOME decision to invest in professional strategy + design. It's a big investment, and I get that.
Remember this project is for: #1 To grow your business by getting better results from design that resonates with your market + helps them make the decision to work with you faster + easier. Will you look better? Yes! But more importantly, you'll have tools that will take your business from where it is now, to where you want it to be.
Your next steps:
- Read this page 🙂
- Log in to Asana (once you get an email)
Confession: I tried for years to work without a project management system and you know what that led to? Yep, you probably guessed it. Lost emails. Lost login information. Headaches. Heartache. Waving time bah-bye. So you know what, I finally decided to woman-up and get some project organization going.
With that, here's video intro to how you'll be using Asana with Nesha. (And how we'll not lose anything in emails! Yay!)
Sidenote: You will receive an email from Asana once I have your project set up there, even though she says it's ready, it's not yet!
- M-F, 9:30am - 3pm AZ MST - I'm in the office
- Ideal method: Leave a comment for me in your Asana project
- Next best: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Least resort: call/text 520-370-9748 (save for last minute cancellations or extenuating circumstances)
- We'll be scheduling biweekly calls for the duration of your project
- You'll be emailed reminders before each meeting with details on how to join
- Meetings will be on Zoom, call or join from a computer (I recommend computer)
While the process is a bit different for each project, here is a general outline of how it goes:
- To help keep your project on track to finishing on time, please provide feedback on your designs within 3 business days of receiving them.
- Simple and straightforward feedback is most effective. Do you hate it? Say that! Do you think it's missing the mark? Say that! Pinky promise, you will not hurt my feelings.
- Don't feel obligated to provide solutions.
- If you don't think something is working, do not feel like you need to suggest a way to fix it. You can simply say: "This photo is not working because it's too intense". That's all I need to make a revision.
- Know that I will fight for your market + for your goals.
- Sometimes we like something, but it's not what best will work for our goals. If you request something that I think will not work for your people or your goals, I'll tell you.
- If you're typing a lot of things, use bullet points and headers, for example:
- Home page
- Fix spelling on this word
- Main image looks too dark
- Home page
- Red Pen is one software I use to collect feedback on designs
- You'll have to add your email once, but after that, you can click anywhere on a design to leave a note.
- Watch this video to see a quick intro to Red Pen