No matter what you’re designing for the summer, a new flyer or your 4th of July Spread, here are a few tips to give you that “Summertime” look + feel:
- Leave lots of space between everything, allowing all your elements to have room to breathe. It’s hot out there and people and things need more space when it’s hot. 🙂
- To create that fresh look, mix 2 or 3 bright colors with white.
- Make it light! Use thin fonts, in dark grey, instead of black for a soft, pleasing effect.
- To add variety, mix big and small elements with no in-between sized things. This kind of represents the extremities of the season: the long days and the hot temps.
- Keep it very simple. This is a good overall design tip, but for creating a nice summery quality, it’s even more important. All your shapes, fonts and any other elements should be clean and straightforward.
- Have fun! The summer is all about iced tea, lemonade, swimming and summer vacas. Approach everything from a more relaxed, laid-back perspective and you’re bound to whip up some sunny creations.